NEW EDITION! ISO 22000:2018 has been published on 19 June 2018
ISO 22000:2018 has been published on 19 June 2018
The 2018 version of ISO 22000 was published on 19 June 2018. With this release, ISO 22000:2005 will be withdrawn. Companies certified to the ISO 22000:2005 standard have to transition their certificate to ISO 22000:2018, and there is a 3-year transition period until June 19 2021.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR CHANGES?
• The high-level structure: in order to make life easier for businesses using more than one management system standard, the new version of ISO 22000 will follow the same structure as all the other ISO management system standards, the High-Level Structure (HLS).
• The risk approach: the standard now includes a different approach to understanding risk.
• The PDCA cycle: the standard clarifies the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, by having two separate cycles in the standard working together: one covering the management system and the other, covering the principles of HACCP.
• The operation process: a clear description is given of the differences between key terms such as: Critical Control Points (CCPs), Operational Prerequisite Programmes (OPRPs) and Prerequisite Programmes (PRPs).
How can ELITE assist you?
We can provide:
• Awareness training to help you understand the requirements of ISO 22000:2018.
• A gap analysis, which can be used to highlight the changes that will need to be made for transition from ISO 22000:2005 to ISO 22000:2018 certification.
• Guidance to help you with the transition from ISO 22000:2005 to ISO 22000:2018 certification.
Published : 29-Aug-2018